Sr. Timbits is an introduction to hockey where the children will have practices as well as play games.
- For 6 year olds.
- A child can register in Sr. Timbits even if they have not participated in the Discovery or Jr. Timbits programs.
- For the 2017/18 season those born in 2011 may register for the Sr. Timbits program.
- This program focuses on development of forward and backward skating, stopping, puck handling, and an introduction to the game of hockey.
- Equally skilled teams of 10 to 13 players are formed after an evaluation skate.
- Third-ice games are played (i.e., boards separate the ice surface into thirds and two games are played at the same time on the end surfaces with active rest in the middle).
- Locations of practices and games could vary.
- Most games and practices will be held on the weekends.
- Games are non-competitive with no score kept.
- No regular goalies - players rotate through all positions, including goaltender. No goalie equipment is used.
- Emphasis on skating and learning basic hockey skills with an introduction to team concept.
- 18 or more third-ice games and 18 or more third-ice practices from September to March, mostly held on Saturdays and Sundays.
Ice times for the 2017/18 Season:
Season begins on October 7.
PRACTICES on Saturdays
- 08:15-09:15, Callingwood A Arena
- 10:30-11:30, Grand Trunk Arena
- 11:45-12:45, Grand Trunk Arena
- 15:30-16:30, Callingwood B Arena
- 16:45-17:45, Callingwood B Arena,
GAMES on Sundays
- 11:45-12:45, Callingwood A Arena
- 13:00-14:00, Callingwood A Arena
- 14:15-15:15, Callingwood A Arena
- 15:30-16:30, Callingwood A Arena
- 16:45-18:00, Callingwood A Arena
Times and location subject to change. You will be contacted by our Initiation Director closer to the start of the season.