Sr. Timbits is the Introduction to Cross-Ice Hockey, where the children will have practices as well as play games.
- For 6 year old's as of December 31, or by ability/development level.
- A child can register in Sr. Timbits even if they have not participated in the Discovery or Jr. Timbits programs.
- This program focuses on the Development of Technical Skills (skating, puck handling, passing and shooting) and an Introduction to Individual Tactics. There will be a strong emphasis on skating.
- Group formation of 10 to 12 players.
- Third-ice games are played (i.e., boards separate the ice surface into thirds and two games are played at the same time on the end surfaces with active rest in the middle).
- Locations of games and practices to be determined.
- All sessions to be held on prime-time weekend ice slots.
- Games are non-competitive with no score kept.
- No regular goalies - players rotate through all positions, including goaltender. No goalie equipment is used.
- Emphasis on skating and learning basic hockey skills with an introduction to team concept.
- Timbits Fall Festival (December) and Timbits Winter Jamboree (March).
Hockey Edmonton TIMBITS Winter Jamboree
The Winter Jamboree takes place on March 14th and 15th, 2020 at the the Terwilliger Recreation Centre (2051 Leger Rd NW, Edmonton, AB T6R 0R9). Schedules are listed below: