(This page is also available as a PDF for download)
PAYMENT OF FEES
- All outstanding fees and commitments from previous year(s) must be settled before your current registration will be accepted.
- Fees may be paid by Cash, Debit, Cheque, Visa or MasterCard at all in-person registrations.
- A maximum of two post-dated cheques will be accepted (some exceptions can be made but you have to make personal arrangements with the Registrar before you remit any more than 2 cheques). You must remit 50% of the fee up front and the final 50% can be post-dated if necessary. The latest date we will accept for post-dated cheques is October 31, 2017.
- NSF cheques will result in the full amount of all fees plus a $25 service charge becoming payable immediately (by cash, money order or bank draft only). Your child will not be allowed to participate in any further on-ice activities (games and practices) until all fees and charges have been paid in full.
- Working one bingo per registration is mandatory. Please note that bingo revenue is returned to the registrants through subsidized ice costs, reduced conditioning camp costs, payment of coach courses for Hockey Canada certification, reimbursement of referee fees at the end of the year, pant shells, jerseys, goalie equipment, etc.
- If you want to "opt out" of the bingo, please add $100.00 to your registration fee. The fee option of $100.00 to "opt out" of the bingo is only available at the time of registration. If you choose to "opt out" after the season has started the "opt-out fee after your initial registration" will be $200.00.
- Book your bingo at our in-person registration day or contact either of our Bingo Directors:
- For those working the bingo, an undated deposit cheque in the amount of $200.00 is required at the time of registration. When your bingo requirement has been satisfied this cheque will be returned to you. If you no longer have cheques we will require a credit card number together with the applicable expiry date, or a $200 cash deposit.
Failure to book your mandatory bingo by November 1st, failure to work your bingo on the pre-arranged date, cancelling with anything less than 24 hours' notice, or in the event your bingo requirement has not been satisfied by the end of the season, will result in your deposit cheque being cashed, or your credit card being charged for the amount of $200, or forfeiture of your cash deposit.
Players withdrawing from the Hawks Athletic Club may apply for a refund as follows:
- Prior to evaluations - refund of paid fees minus a $25.00 administration fee.
- After evaluations and prior to placement on a team - refund of fees minus a $75.00 administration/evaluation fee.
- After placement on a team, registration fees are non-refundable other than under exceptional circumstances such as medical illness or injury that prevents further participation in the season, or relocation out of the City of Edmonton. Refunds will be pro-rated depending upon the percentage of the season completed and all refunds will be subject to a $75.00 fee.
MANDATORY RESPECT IN SPORT FOR PARENTS COURSE
- The Respect in Sport course is MANDATORY for all families registering within the Hockey Edmonton Program.
- The Respect in Sport Parent Program is an online certification program that MUST be completed by a least one parent or guardian of each player registered in minor hockey in Alberta.
- This course MUST be taken prior to any on-ice activities inclusive of the first tryout skate for any team/program.
- Registrations are NOT complete until the course has been completed.
SPECIAL NOTE TO THOSE THAT HAVE COACHED - THE RIS COACHES COURSE is different than and not a substitute for the RIS PARENT COURSE. All families have to complete the Parent RIS Course even if they have RIS Coach (or Speak-Out).